RENEWABLE ENERGY

Gautam Solar installs solar pumps at 1,000 locations in Haryana

Solar power equipment maker Gautam Solar on Tuesday said it has installed solar pumps at 1,000 locations in Haryana under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) scheme.

According to the company press release, the government has set a target of installing 15,000 standalone solar pumps in Haryana within the first year of the scheme.

The PM-KUSUM scheme aims to provide subsidies on solar pumps to the farmers, under which they have to bear 40 per cent of the pump’s cost, while the Central and state governments subsidise the remaining 60 per cent for solar pumps that have a capacity of up to 10 HP.

In states such as Haryana and Madhya Pradesh, the state governments have provided additional top-up on the subsidies, which has reduced the farmer’s share to 10 per cent, Gautam Solar said in its statement.

Source
ET Energy World
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close