Hyderabad Metro’s corridor 2 JBS Parade Ground-MGBS has been inaugurated last week for commuter services! Hyderabad Metro’s green line corridor JBS Parade Ground – MG Road Bus Station (MGBS) has been thrown open for passengers, taking the total network of the Hyderabad Metro to 69 kilometres. According to the Hyderabad Metro Rail authority, K Chandrashekar Rao, Chief Minister of Telangana dedicated the Hyderabad Metro corridor 2 JBS-MGBS green line to commuters from the JBS Parade Ground metro station. The Hyderabad Metro is the world’s largest public-private partnership (PPP) in the metro sector and is the second largest operating metro network of the country, after Delhi Metro.
Hyderabad Metro Corridor 2 JBS – MGBS : route, stations, interchange:
- The Hyderabad Metro’s green line JBS – MGBS will cover a total of nine metro stations
- The entire route will be covered by the metro in just 16 minutes against the 40 minute journey by road.
- The 11 km long JBS-MGBS green line has now taken the total operational route of the Hyderabad Metro to 69 km.
- The MG Road Bus station (MGBS) is the interchange station on the route with the Hyderabad Metro Red Line
- The nine stations on the route are JBS, Secunderabad West, New Gandhi Hospital, Musheerabad, RTC X Roads, Chikkadpally, Narayanguda, Sultan Bazaar, MG Bus station.
- The Parade Ground Station is the tallest metro station on the network with five levels.
- Commuters can travel on the new corridor by the use of metro smart cards or through single journey tokens