Indian Railways’ first corporate trains, the Lucknow-New Delhi(Train No-82501/82502) and Ahmedabad-Mumbai(Train No-82902/82901) services will start from today after the services were suspened on 19 March.
The two Tejas Express services are the first set of trains run by a corporate entity, IRCTC, a subsidiary of the Indian Railways.
Due to the prevailing covid-19 situation in the country, IRCTC has issued a set of guidelines for the passengers travelling in Tejas Express.
Here are new rules which the passengers of Tejas Express should adhered to before boarding the train:
- A Standard Operation Procedure observing Covid-19 protocol has been issued to ensure safety of the passengers.
- Passengers will not be allowed to exchange their seats once seated. Use of face covers/masks will be mandatory for passengers and staff.
- All travelers will install “Arogya Setu” app and same shall be shown as and when demanded. Detailed instructions will be given to the passengers at the time of booking of tickets.
- All the passengers will be provided a covid-19 protection kit which will contain a bottle of hand sanitizers, one mask, one face shield and one pair of gloves.
- All the passengers will go through thermal screening and hand sanitization process before entering the coach.