India has issued an open invitation to the biogas developers for making investments here as it launched the ‘One Nation, One Gas Grid’ energy initiative recently. Prime Minister talked about RE-INVEST in his speech regarding the same. Get to know about the scheme and more below.
What is the objective of One Nation One Grid?
All the willing rural households would be provided with cooking gas and electricity connection by 2022 that is by the 75th year of India’s independence.
What is the National Grid?
The National Grid is the high-voltage electricity network in India that connects power stations and all-important substations to ensure generation of electricity at every point across.
The National Grid is owned, operated, and maintained by state-owned Power Grid Corporation of India.
What has been updated?
This year at the India Energy Forum the government announced that the expansion of national gas grid would be done upto 34,500 kilometres from the previous 17,500 km. It would be accompanied by pricing reforms too.
About Natural Gas
- Natural Gas is called the cleanest fossil fuel. Natural gas is a mixture of gases which are rich in hydrocarbons.
- All these gases, including methane, nitrogen, carbon dioxide etc which are naturally found in the atmosphere. Natural gas reserves are deep inside the earth near other solid & liquid hydrocarbons beds like coal and crude oil.
Uses of Natural Gas:
- The uses of natural gas are in feedstock and in the manufacture of fertilizers and plastics.
- It is also used as commercially important chemicals as well as fuel for the generation of electricity
- It is also used for cooking fuel in domestic households and transportation fuel for vehicles