In a recent clarification statement released by Indian Railways, it was made clear that the social media reports claiming the cancellation of special train services from March 31 are ‘misleading’ and the train operations will continue to run with proper Covid protocols.
The Ministry of Railways in an official statement said, “Kindly refer to some news report in social media that Railways is going to cancel its trains which are currently operational from 31st March 2021 is purely misleading and not based on facts.”
“Wrong news clips are being circulated in social media. All may please be informed that the video being circulated is last year’s news being peddled today,” said Railway Ministry.
It may be noted that express trains and suburban trains currently operational as special trains will continue to run.