Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget 2021-22 has announced a slew of flagship road infrastructure projects. This include new projects and stretches of existing projects.
Here is a list:
- Delhi-Mumbai Expressway: Remaining 260 km will be awarded before 31 March 2021.
- Bengaluru – Chennai Expressway: 278 km will be initiated in the current financial year. Construction will begin in 2021-22.
- Delhi-Dehradun economic corridor: 210 km corridor will be initiated in the current financial year. Construction will begin in 2021-22.
- Kanpur-Lucknow Expressway: 63 km expressway providing an alternate route to NH 27 will be initiated in 2021-22.
- Chennai – Salem corridor: 277 km expressway will be awarded and construction would start in 2021-22.
- Raipur-Vishakhapatnam: 464 km passing through Chhattisgarh, Odisha and North Andhra Pradesh will be awarded in the current year. Construction will start in 2021-22.